Small Precision Machine Series (SPM)
Large Performance Machine Series (LPM)
3 Axis Single-Pass Bore Finishing System (FPM-3X)
Specialty Bore Finishing Systems
Diamond Honing/Bore Finishing Tools
Automation Systems Featuring Fanuc Robotics for Bore Finishing
Internal Helical Slot Laps, Arbors, And Expanders
Dual Diameter Diamond Finishing Systems
Engis, a global leader in the development of high production single-pass bore finishing systems, has now expanded its focus to include multi-stroke honing for those shops running smaller batch sizes or a wide variety of part configurations.
In the past, multi-stroke honing applications were heavily reliant on individual operator skill in order to achieve the desired quality. In addition, because honing was a manual operation, the operator was put at risk of developing either dermatitis or a possible repetitive motion injury. This is no longer the case. The new multi-stroke honing machines from Engis:
• Are designed to improve operator safety by incorporating
hands-free operation with sensor-controlled, failsafe
interlocking guards which only allow a job to begin once the door has been securely closed.
• Have computer controls and programmable processes that remove the “black art” from the honing process.
• Ensure repeatability – once programmed, the machine moves to exact input values rather than needing to be physically adjusted, therefore, the possibility for human error is significantly reduced and the need for match grinding maybe eliminated.
• Save time – CNC controls offer exact adjustments and precise control over the material removal and rate of tool expansion which saves time both in the honing process and changeovers between batches.
• Can be set up either by touch screen or uploaded from a USB. Some machines include remote diagnostic capability which makes troubleshooting a breeze.
Whether it is for rifle barrels, hydraulic, compressor or precision automotive components, Engis has the optimal approach for every application. Contact us today for more information on improving part geometry, enhancing finishes and lowering costs.